Outfit: Rain, Rain... Blah, Blah, Blah






umbrella // cape // turtleneck // skirt // thigh-highs (similar) // wellies (last seen here)

Remember when I said us short curvy girls couldn't rock the cape? Well, I lied... kind of. I still believe most capes are unflattering if you aren't tall and slender, but I was presently surprised by the fit of this adorable plaid cape from Nasty Gal.

I was clicking through Pinterest when I stumbled upon it. I don't normally shop at Nasty Gal, but turns out that they actually have some cute pieces (I also love this top). So I decided to go for it, because the red plaid and toggles were too cute not to. I fully expected it to be incredibly unflattering, but I think the placement of the toggles (only fastening the bottom two toggles actually creates a v-neck, which helps elongate your shape) and shorter length of the cape kept the proportions just right.

I took these pictures last week just before Thanksgiving when a cold front brought nothing but rain for two days. Obviously I wore my favorite Hunter Boots and paired them with some thigh-high socks. I completed the look with my new J.Crew Blah, Blah, Blah, umbrella, which I love! It's the perfect statement for a rainy day.


What do you wear to beat the blahs on a cold and rainy day?

Labels: , , , , ,