Saying Yellow to Trastevere







When I arrive to Rome one of the first places I visit is the neighborhood called Trastevere. Situated on the west side of the Tiber, south of the Vatican, Trastevere retains a more local and Medieval feel than the rest of the city. Hands down this neighborhood has the best dining, people watching, and strolling in all of Rome. There is just something magical about Trastevere.

You can read more about Trastevere here.

After a week of working and roaming Rome alone, my assistant Becky (for the study abroad program I coordinate) flew over early so we could enjoy some time in Rome sans students and responsibilities. For both of us Rome holds a special place in our hearts. It was where we both first studied abroad as undergraduates. We stayed near the Vatican, which meant we were not terribly far from Trastevere, so we spent most of our evenings trying new restaurants in the area and sipping prosecco in our favorite square, Piazza di Santa Maria.

It is also thanks to Becky that I have so many amazing pictures in Rome to share in the next couple weeks. Like me, she enjoys photography and will do just about anything for that perfect shot. We did several sunrise shoots that were so worth the ridiculous 5 am wake up call (if you follow me on Instagram than you have seen some sneak peeks).

While I plan on sharing all of the amazing restaurants we found, for now I want to focus on this cheery yellow dress. It is absolutely the perfect travel dress. It is easy and comfy to wear in the heat of the summer, but also has a great pattern, color, and lace-up detail that keeps it interesting and stylish (with zero effort). The longer sleeves and hem also means that it is church friendly (this is important when traveling in Italy). I have to say that I thought this amazing circular wicker bag would be impractical for travel and I was regretting packing it. But, I was completely wrong. It holds a surprising amount and I am enjoying the top handle (I normally stick to cross body bags for travel). It is also completely theft proof! Sadly, this bag is now sold out, but J.McLaughlin has tons of amazing wicker bags.

Dresses are definitely my go-to travel style secret. You just have to make sure that the dress has an unique shape, pattern, or color to keep it interesting. 

What is your go-to travel look?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,