Crazy for Caftans







I think caftans are just about the greatest invention ever. Cute, comfortable, breathable, and flattering -- a bright caftan is my go-to beach/tropical travel look. And the best part is that most caftans can also double as an easy, breezy summer dress.

No body does the caftan better than Lilly. For the past 4 seasons now Lilly Pulitzer has released fabulous caftans that are perfect for summer travel, or everyday wear if you live in Florida. While Lilly has recently added knit/jersey caftans to the collection, I still prefer the beautiful original silk style. These silk caftans don’t come cheap, but mine have last years and still look brand new. Plus, I always try to score at least one during Lilly’s August clearance (sizing note, they typically run a size larger).

I wore this Lilly blue and pink caftan for a day of boating around and exploring the island of Capri. You can read more about my adventures in Capri here and my tips for visiting Capri here.

In addition to Lilly Pulitzer, I also love Trina Turk and Nanette Lepore’s tunics. I have rounded up all of my current favorites that I am lusting over below. Basically, if I could live in caftans all summer I would!

What are your thoughts on the caftan?

PS – Remember that time I zipped around Santorini on an ATV in a caftan lol?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , ,