Brunching in Georgetown







leather jacket // blouse // skirt (also seen here) // shoes // bag (similar) // sunnies

After a weekend getaway to Connecticut for some fall adventures, I returned with my cousin to DC. My cousin goes to law school in DC and I wanted to look at a rare book at the Folger, so I stayed a couple of days with him. It is always nice to have a local to show you around. I visited him last spring as well, so we didn't have nearly as many touristy things to check off the list this time around.

I come from a family of walkers. We love to walk. Apparently, this isn't as normal as I thought it was. I laughed when my cousin's girlfriend told me she thought it was really weird the first time he invited her on a "walk." She thought it would be a little stroll, seven miles later, however, she realized how wrong she was. But that is pretty normal for us. We love to get as many steps and miles in as possible. Our record while in DC this time around was 13.5 miles in day (over 30,000 steps for me). We love to walk the monuments on the mall, embassy row, Rosevelt Island, and Georgetown. My best friend Britt is also a walker and we once did over 15 miles in a day in Paris!

Georgetown is my favorite place to stroll, especially after a good brunch (got to work off that food baby!). While I was in town, we tried the highly-rated brunch at Farmers Fishers Bakers. It definitely lived up to the hype. The brunch buffet is huge (wear stretchy pants) and includes things like bottomless guac, build your own French toast, and fried chicken and waffles. To work off the ridiculous amount of food we consumed, we strolled the gorgeous neighborhood streets of Georgetown, which are especially beautiful in the fall.

I wore my favorite Sandro skirt, which you saw over and over again this past summer in Italy (and is now on major sale here). The weather was chilly, but not cold, so I opted for my new leather jacket. This jacket is amazing. I finally found a cropped motto leather jacket with gold details, and I snagged it while it was 30% off! I finished the look with my new favorite shoes. Cap-toe is big at the moment, and I love these because they are so comfy but still cute. They have a small heel and are a sling back style. They basically match everything and I can walk for miles in them. That is a win, win in my book.


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , ,