Packing for a Weekend Getaway





c/o Archer Brighton bag // floral bomber // tie top // jeans // superstars

So, last week I packed my bags and hit the road bound for DC. I need to look at a manuscript at the Folger Shakespeare Library, which makes the perfect excuse to visit my cousin who lives in DC (where the Folger is located).

My cousin and I are from Florida, and while he lives in DC, we both wanted to experience real fall. I mentioned to him that I also needed to look at a document in the Beinecke Library at Yale. We both decided it would be fun to see Yale's gorgeous campus, so we decided to take a long-weekend road trip up to New Haven. I could look at the manuscript I needed and we could also do all the fall things -- apple picking, leaf peeping, and cider sipping in addition to explore the Yale campus (more on our fall adventures later this week)!

I struggle to pack for a long weekend. I have mastered long-term packing, but I can never seem to find the right bag or number of clothing items for just a couple days. This trip was the perfect time to try my new Archer Brighten Ella Overnight Weekender.

Not only is this bag beautiful (I love the bilberry color), but it is also the perfect size and design for a weekend trip (or as a carry-on bag). It holds enough clothing, shoes, accessories, and toiletries for 2-3 days. It has a padded pocket for your computer, easy-accessible mesh pockets for snacks or things you want to have handy, and a discreet pocket for important papers or documents. It also has a side-shoe pocket to keep your dirty shoes off your clean clothes (this can also double as a pocket for dirty clothing).

In addition to all of these organizational features, the bag is both soft and structured. The fabric is stain resistant nylon, available in three gorgeous colors (which you can see here). I also love that there is an exterior pocket for your passport and phone, and the opening of the bag expands really wide to allow you to easily see and access everything. Finally, unlike my previous carry-on tote, even when I fill this bag to capacity and throw it over my shoulder, it doesn't strain or hurt my back! The adjustable strap lets you select the perfect length for maximum comfort and weight distribution.

I am really impressed with the quality and functionality of this bag. In addition to the Ella, Archer Brighton also makes totes, backpacks, and lunch bags. The backpack is just as gorgeous as the Ella, and it might have to be my next purchase!

Are you ready for the best part of this post? Archer Brighton and I are teaming up to give away an Ella Weekender! Look for the giveaway November 11th on Instagram!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , ,