Updated Paris Map Guide


After frolicking through lavender fields and chateau hopping for six days, Emily and I ended our French road trip with two days in Paris. Paris will always be one of my favorite cities and I use any excuse to go. I like trying new cafes and restaurants and discovering different places within the city.

Since both Emily and I had been to Paris numerous times before, we allowed ourselves to enjoy a couple carefree days. We visited some old favorites, like the Luxembourg Gardens, the Palais Royal, the Marais and the Tuileries Gardens, while trying some new places to eat along the way. It was nice to relax and take in the beauty of Paris.

It has been a while since I updated my custom Google Map of Paris. After this last trip (and two recent trips here and here), I decided it was time to add some new cafes, restaurants, colorful doors, and picture spots.

You can access my updated Google Map Guide of Paris here!


I have also received some requests to share our full itinerary... So here you go:

Day 1 - Arrive in Paris, pick up rental car from airport (to avoid city driving), and drive to Provence. We drove pretty much straight there, only stopping for food/bathroom/coffee breaks. It is also easy to take the high speed train from Paris to Avignon. We stayed south of Avignon in the adorable town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in a delightful B&B (another luxury of having the car).

Day 2 - Road trip through Provence

Day 3 - Avignon and Orange (evening in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence)

Day 4 - Drive to Blois with a quick stop in Chateauneuf en Auxois for lunch. (If I had to do this trip again, I might stay in Amboise over Blois, or somewhere quainter outside the city.)

Day 5 - Explore the chateaus of Blois, Chambord, and Cheverny

Day 6 - Explore Villandry, Chenonceau, and Amboise (make sure to stop at a cave winery for a tasting!)

Day 7 - Drive to Paris (we dropped the rental at the airport and Ubered to our hotel in the city).

Day 8 - Enjoy Paris!

Day 9 - Half day in Paris before departing


This itinerary ended up working perfectly for us. We never felt like we had too little or too much time in one place. It doesn't allow for a lot of R&R but that can easily be worked in, or you can go by our motto, that we will sleep when we are dead!


Labels: , , , , , , ,