Pernille in Provence









dress (top version) // hat (similar) // sunnies // sandals // purse // french market tote

You know someone is a true friend when they will purchase a dress that you want and bring it to you in a foreign country. When I first saw this dress in red on Emily, I fell in love (anything would look good on her, but she looks particularly stunning in red).

In Italy, however, it was not cost effective to order (pricey shipping + Italian taxes). So I lusted from a far. Then I saw that it also came in this spotty pattern. I loved it even more and was so sad I could not get my hands on it. Then Emily offered to purchase it for me and bring it with her to France. Isn't she the best?

I was worried that buying it without trying on might be a mistake, but despite all odds, it fit perfectly. I sized up (from a 4 to a 6) based on online reviews, and I was glad I did. I could not wait to wear it in Provence. I thought the neutral palette would let the color of the fields take center stage while subtly mimicking lavender's whorl flowering pattern. I can't be the only one who puts this much thought into their travel attire... right? (Read my tips for traveling in style here)

Keeping with the neutral vibe, I added my favorite straw hat, brown sandals, and this gorgeous handmade Digerolamo bag. Digerolamo is a slow fashion brand of handbags hand-crafted by local artisans in Florence, Italy. The first time I visited the showroom, it was love at first sight. This gorgeous Sophia bag can be worn as a cross body, shoulder bag, and clutch. I adore the hand-punched leather design and rich tawny color (achieved without chemicals, Digerolamo uses only vegetable dyes).

All in all it was the perfect look for a magical day of road tripping through the countryside of Provence (which you can read more about here).


SHOP THE LOOK:

Labels: , , , , ,