Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Colorful Burano, Venice









dress (also here in white) // sunnies // hat // bag // sandals

Last week we took a short trip to Venice. Unfortunately, it rained the entire time we were in Venice. But fortunately, we did get one gorgeous day, the day we headed to the island of Burano.

Burano is my favorite island in the Venetian lagoon and is just a short water taxi or vaporetto ride away. It is one of many amazing little islands that surround the main island (or rather islands) of Venice. I love Burano for its adorable, brightly colored houses. Originally a fishing village, families painted their houses different bright color so they could be easily spotted when out at sea. Today, it is a highly regulated tradition that defines the culture and character of the island.

I will be honest, there is not a whole lot to do on the island, other than snap some pictures, eat some fresh seafood, stroll, and admire the handmade lace... But really that is part of its appeal. It is a really nice relaxing afternoon and a wonderful break from hordes of tourist of mainland Venice. I highly recommend adding Burano to your itinerary if you are visiting Venice.

Inspired by the mixture of colors, I wore this printed silk dress that I picked up in Paris. I love a great colorful pattern and this seemed like the perfect occasion for it. The dress is so comfortable, flattering, and easy to wear. It has basically been on repeat since I purchased it.

Have you been to Burano?


SHOP THE POST:

QuickEdit
Ashley B
6 Comments
Share :

6 comments:

  1. So colorful! The place is like a rainbow painted place. I love the photos of it! Hope you more luck on your adventures!

    Rosemarie of Migration Expert Canada | http://www.migrationexpert.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love all the colors!! I'm also in love with your dress!! Gah, this makes me want to go to Italy even more!

    -Amanda
    Wanderlustandwardrobes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, photos! Looks like such a lovely weekend getaway!

    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going in a few days as a day trip, so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burano was, hands-down, my favorite part about the Veneto! Same situation--rained the entire time I was there, but stayed sunny for an afternoon in Burano. Makes sense, as I was there around the same time last year. :)

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been but it looks gorgeous! What kind of camera did you use for those photos? I'm dying over the beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)