Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Conference Chic







trench (last seen here) // dress // purse // ballet flats

If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat (HinHH), then you know that I am in Boston for a conference (the Annual Meeting of the Renaissance Society of America). And today is the big day that I am presenting my paper.

This look, however, is actually from yesterday. Because I could never get away with wearing something like this to present a paper. Sad, but true. Basically, this conference is a sea of conservative neutrals and frumpy black ensembles. Needless to say, Jess and I stuck out in our gingham, stripes, and florals (#sorrynotsorry).

While I will make concessions when presenting, because I don't want to detract from my work, I refuse to do so when I am not presenting. Because I shouldn't have to suppress my individual style to prove my integrity as a scholar or commitment to discipline of history (here is a great article on this issue).

For my presentation today, I went with a more subdued, but still fashionable and gorgeous, blouse and simple black skirt. You can read more of my tips for dressing for a professional or academic conference here.

Have a great weekend!

SHOP THE POST

QuickEdit
Ashley B
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

  1. You look so chic and stylish! I love that you are so unwilling to bend into the mold of the stereotypical "scholar" if that means compromising your individuality. We need more people, especially women, who have that frame of mind!

    Tori A. from Prep For A Day

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)