Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

What is Valentine's Day?


I will be featuring this gorgeous lace dress next week - It looks like BCBG but is half the price!

You might think that I am anti-Valentine's Day because I don't have a significant other, or because it's a Hallmark holiday. Nope. I don't like Valentine's Day because it competes with my birthday, which is clearly the more important holiday... kidding, mostly.

Because my birthday falls the day before the day of love, I am forever fighting for reservations for my favorite places to celebrate. And friends often already have plans with their significant others. I particularly hate with V-Day falls on a Sunday, because then everyone wants to celebrate the day before. I know, I know, the struggle is real lol. 

I am not sure if it's just because my birthday is the day before, but I have never really been that into Valentine's Day. I think the history is interesting, but the modern-day holiday has never excited me. Although, spending Valentine's Day in Verona last year was a really neat experience. Talk about a celebration of love.

I guess it is nice that the candy industry is in full swing for my big day.

This year I am keeping my birthday low key, just a fun night out with girl friends and some birthday brunching. I guess you could say we are ready to paint the town rose... or better yet rosé!


PS - Speaking of Kate Spade, their presentation is today. I can't wait to see what they show!
QuickEdit
Ashley B
3 Comments
Share :

3 comments:

  1. I think all us February birthdays feel that way! My mama's birthday is on the 15 and mine is on the 23 and Valentine's Day has always been my least favorite holiday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be annoyed with Valentine's Day competing with my birthday too. Happy birthday girl I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am February 13th and we have one rule: no birthday cards that are Valentine themed.
    Happy Birthday...you are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)