Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Coming up Roses







Zara jacket (similar here and here) // top // skirt (sewn, inspiration piece here, fabric available here) // bag // Celine sunnies (similar) //  heels (very comfy!)

I am so excited to share this outfit because it features my very first sewing success - this rose print box-pleated skirt! I basically fell head over heels for all of Kate Spade's most recent release, but I especially loved the abstract rose print. So I decided to make something similar! Once I digitally painted the roses, I created a repeating pattern and uploaded it to Spoonflower. They printed my custom fabric and when it arrived, I immediately got to work.

After watching tons of Youtube tutorials on pleating and skirt pattern making, I settled on a simple, large box pleat design. This skirt was surprisingly easy to make, and despite my first try coming out way to small (measuring is hard), my second skirt was close to perfection! I think I am officially addicted. With the ability to design your own fabric and my new found sewing skills, the sky is the limit! Next I will be tackling a cropped, short-sleeve top and matching full skirt.

The good news is that Spoonflower allows you to publish and sell your fabric designs. So if you're interested, you can purchase this fabric here!

So what do you guys think? I have to admit, I am pretty proud of myself!


SHOP THE POST

QuickEdit
Ashley B
9 Comments
Share :

9 comments:

  1. The skirt looks great! Can't believe that you just started sewing--this looks professionally made!

    Tori A. from Prep For A Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In person it doesn't look as professional lol, but I still love it because I know how hard I worked on it!

      Delete
  2. This is a pretty Skirt, Well done girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an accomplishment! And such a cute skirt! Enjoy - I look forward to seeing more home sewn items :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna! It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. I hope to start another sewing project soon!

      Delete
  4. This is INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to see what other fun stuff you create. And I love that even the fabric is custom!

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)