Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

History in High Heel’s Paris Map



Outside of Italy, Paris will always be my favorite city. I love visiting Paris, and I go whenever I can. I was fortunate enough to visit three times last year, and with each trip I fell even more in love with the city. My last trip in November was especially meaningful, as it was just six days after the terrorist attacks. But Parisians are resilient, and we joined them in their refusal to be terrorized.

Since returning home, I have finally been able to put together a (somewhat) comprehensive custom Google map of Paris. I love creating custom Google maps, it is the best way to share information on a particular place. The best part is that you can save the map and reference it while traveling. I am particularly proud of my efforts to map as many gorgeous Parisian doors as I could, and tracking down some amazing (but often kept secret) photo spots.


Click here to see my map of Paris. Bookmark/save this link to access the map while traveling.

And here is a great blog post that walks you through creating, accessing, and saving custom google maps.

Feel free to comment with suggestions to add to the map, or things I overlooked.


More of my posts from Paris:
Six Things to do on a Rainy Day in Paris
Postcards from Paris
A Stroll Through Montmartre
Lots of Dots in Paris
Where to Find the Best Parisian Doors
Two Gardens in Paris
QuickEdit
Ashley B
5 Comments
Share :

5 comments:

  1. I don't have plans to visit Paris anytime soon but the interactive map is so neat! I had that was possible. I'm assuming you made it through Google Maps? Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love Paris! Love this interactive map and I have bookmarked it for my first solo trip to Paris next year! A few restaurants I've particularly enjoyed on past trips are Gusto Italia at 199 Rue de Grenelle (not far from the Eiffel Tower); Le Paradis du Fruit (I think there may be a few locations, but we went to the one at 32 Avenue de Wagram, one of the "spokes" radiating out from the Arc de Triomphe); La Creperie at 12 Rue Soufflot and Le Soufflot at 16 Rue Soufflot near the Pantheon; and Le Marche at 2 Place du Marche Sainte-Catherine in the Marais. Also, loved the Musee de Cluny - Medieval Art in an old monastery which was built on top of a Roman Bath - the layers of history are amazing in this place! Can't wait to wander around and find all your doors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Well done
    You have a interesting blog. Visit mine if you want
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've bookmarked this! In some ways I'm really sad that you aren't in Europe because I LOVED your posts so much! I took Italian and I loved your Italy posts!

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alissa, I am glad you enjoyed my posts from Europe. Not to worry though, I will be heading back this summer!

      Delete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)