Outfit: Bright Tights, Big City









dress // shirt (old, similar) // bow (similar) // coat // tights // bag // shoes // headband

My favorite day in Paris was definitely our third day. We finally saw the sun and, although it was still very chilly, we decided to rent bikes for the afternoon. We started our morning with a stroll through our favorite neighborhood (which was also where we stayed), the Marais. Not only is this neighborhood lively, but it is also home to some of the city's most beautiful and colorful doors, which I have mapped here (I have a serious obsession with Parisian doors).

I love just strolling the Marais while periodically stopping to enjoy coffee, pastries, and the brightly-colored doors. Door gazing isn't exactly Britt's favorite pastime, but she is a good sport and is easily bribed with macarons. Inspired by the doors' jewel-toned hues, I wore my favorite blue/teal tights paired with my favorite Zara dress, complete with pussy bow (I can't resist a good bow). I blame Kate Spade and Blair Waldorf for my love of brightly-colored and patterned tights and pussy bows.

After our morning stroll, we grabbed our bikes from Paris Bike Tours (only 15 euro for the day and so much easier than having to return the Vélib’ bikes every 30 min) and headed towards the Isle of Saint Louis, one of my favorite spots in the city. The island is not only beautiful and serene, but filled with colorful doors, quaint cafes, and gorgeous views of the Seine. From there we biked to the Laduree on Rue Bonaparte to pick up some much needed snacks, before carrying on to the Luxembourg Gardens. We spent the rest of our afternoon having a macaron picnic in the gardens while enjoying the sunshine. Talk about a perfect day!


What your perfect day in Paris look like?

SHOP THE POST


Labels: , , , , , , ,