Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Florida Vibes










This Lilly Pulitzer dress is the best purchase I have made since returning stateside. Not only was it on sale in store when I purchased it, but the pink version was included in the After Party Sale and I scooped it up for $69! This dress is beyond comfortable, it feels like a hug!

As much as I love the chic and dressier look of European fashionistas, I am, and always will be, a Florida girl at heart. That means I love me some Lilly Pulitzer, tunic dresses, bold patterns, bright colors, and the general relaxed elegance of Floridian fashion. Now, you might be wondering what the heck relaxed elegance is? It's about the only way I can think of explaining my style at home in Florida. I want to look stylish and (somewhat) dressed up, but it's hot and humid here and I still want to be comfortable. That is why I love this dress. The pattern and beading keep it looking classy, while the tunic shape and soft fabric keep it comfortable and practical. It's a win, win my friends. The dress is largely sold out, but I found one site where it was still in stock and have linked it below (for sizing reference I am wearing a small).

I brought back a suitcase full of spring and summer clothing to leave here and Florida. I plan on replacing the pieces I am tired of, or are out of season, with items in my closet that I originally left behind (like my favorite wicker Kate Spade camera bag). I was getting seriously tired of everything I had packed, so I am looking forward to reacquainting myself with some old friends. I will be brining back some warmer weather items (like these Lilly dresses) for some of the amazing trips I have planned for the fall... but more on that later.

SHOP THE POST



QuickEdit
Ashley B
3 Comments
Share :

3 comments:

  1. It must be fun to come home and have a whole new wardrobe waiting for you of clothes you didn't pack (plus all the shopping you've done too)! Love your sunglasses, super cute!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely dress! Cool bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit, the dress is incredible, reminds me of summer! Ever since we purchased a condo unit at the amazing Sabbia Beach (http://www.sabbiabeachcondos.com) in Pompano Beach, I feel like I have finally found myself at peace, I love everything about this state! Everybody here seems to take life a bit less seriously and with a smile, kinda like yourself!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)