Outfit: Summer Ready







The Rose Garden just off of Piazzale Michelangelo is one of Florence's hidden gems. Especially in the spring when everything is in full bloom. Last week Emily and I headed up there to snap some pics and celebrate her last day in Florence.  Until that day the weather in Florence had been surprising warm and sunny for early May. That Friday, however, it rained basically all day. But we got lucky, the weather finally cleared and Emily was able to enjoy one last Florentine sunset from the Rose Garden and Piazzale Michelangelo. Since then, the weather has been up and down -- rainy and chilly one day and warm and sunny the next. I am ready for summer, but I am not sure if Florence is!

As I was creating this post, I realized everything I am wearing is pretty old and no longer available. But it is a pretty simple outfit formula (and one of my favorites for summer travels) -- striped popover + floral mini + cute straw hat -- so I created a more recent alternative below. And because it is Memorial Day (back home anyway, I have to work today) all of these items are on sale! 

top  // skirt // hat // bag // espadrilles 


Have a great Memorial Day!

Labels: , , , ,