Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Bardot-ing Through the French Riviera







top // skirt (similar) // jacket // bag (last seen here) // sandals (similar)

Is there any better top to wear when traveling through the French Riviera then a Bridgette Bardot inspired tie cropped top? Nope! It was so nice to officially ditch the tights and embrace some spring clothing (although I will admit I was a little chilly at times). Not only is this top adorable, but it is completely reversible! That's right, two tops for the price of one. I can't wait to wear the floral side with a striped skirt.

After weeks of long days week days in the archive and weekends gallivanting around Europe (Prague, Paris, London, Dublin, and Barcelona) it was amazing to finally have a weekend off in Florence. And I made the most of it. I caught up on laundry, emails, blog posts, workouts, got my hair done, and finally made it to the grocery store! I feel revitalized, and while I don't regret any of my travels (my motto - I'll sleep when I'm dead), it was nice to take it easy. I even created a new print for the Preppy Printshop!

But don't worry, I can't stay put for long! Next up? I think it will be Munich... stay tuned!


Happy Monday!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
14 Comments
Share :

14 comments:

  1. I love that skirt! It looks great with the top too. It's nice to have a relaxing weekend to get caught up and ready to hit the ground running sometimes, but I'm excited to hear about your next adventure too :)

    Sarah
    Sweet Spontaneity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look for hanging by the water, I need that top!! Every once in awhile everyone needs a weekend to get 'caught up.' Luckily for you, you can do it in Italy!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with this top, you should definitely get one!

      Delete
  3. I saw this in Jennifer's shop and loved the print but thought it too daring for me - but you make it seem much more wearable than I thought!

    jess | Bows & Bouquets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I love those sandals!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a travel essentials question for you or anyone! I am traveling to Scotland in 4 weeks and I am deciding between a large Longchamp tote and a medium Longchamp tote. I know you have a medium navy one... is it big enough for day trips and on the plane? Just wondering, any advice would help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a tough one, I have both and love them for different reasons. The large is too big for day trips but perfect for plane travel. My medium is perfect for day trips, but too small for the plane (I prefer something I can fit my laptop in). Hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. The top is cute, but I really like that lacey skirt. Texture as a detail, but still subtle. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. where are those sandals from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Jcrew from last summer, but Jcrew Factory just released a version!

      Delete
  8. Love your blog and outfit! Where did you get that top from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Jen is a fashion designer and sells custom creations in her Etsy store here - https://www.etsy.com/shop/Suite

      Delete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)