Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Lately in Florence + Exciting News



To say Florence in the spring is beautiful is an understatement. Warm temperatures, blooming flowers everywhere, and clear blue skies have been daily occurrences. And I am loving it. I typically only live in Florence in the summer when it is sticky and hot. So this gorgeous weather is a welcome change. Top on my spring to-do list here in Florence is to have a picnic in the Boboli Gardens. 

Not only has the weather been wonderful, but I've also had the luxury of staying in town the past two weekends, which has allowed me to relax and catch up on life. Of course this is all about to change, since this weekend I am headed to Rome for the Spartan Race (a crazy 5k full of obstacles and mud) and the following weekend I am headed to Munich for Spring Fest (I am super excited to wear my dirndl). The weekend after that, I am headed to Amsterdam (I'd love to hear any of your recommendations for Amsterdam)!.

The only season I have not experienced in Florence is the fall. And good news, that is about to change. I recently found out that I will be staying for the fall! This will give me basically a full year of research in Florence. I am so grateful and relieved. Time in the archive is precious and having uninterrupted time is priceless. I will, however, get a little break in August. The archive closes for a couple weeks, so I will take advantage and head state-side to fill up on Dunkin, kitty cuddles, shopping, and time with my friends and family. 

Don't forget you can follow my Florentine and European adventures in realtime on Instagram!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a great opportunity! Will this give you the chance to bring some clothes home and switch out for the fall weather?
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to visit the Anne Frank museum in Amsterdam. It's heartbreaking but amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! As always, I'm excited to follow along.

    Sarah
    Sweet Spontaneity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about your work and the archive, it's exciting that you get to stay for a while! I, personally, would love to hear more about how you chose your PhD topic and which archive you were going to focus on, and what factors go into deciding when you get to spend time in Italy/ the archive ( I know you also have teaching responsibilities, does that play into it? ) I've messed around with the idea of teaching at the college level later in life, when I'm sick of practicing law, but I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what the PhD process looks like! Especially for something like history where your primary research sources are outside the U.S. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing that you will be able to continue living in Florence. I love following your life and travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on securing more funding. That is always hugely helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the opportunity to stay in Italy through the fall! Enjoy all your fun weekend trip and kick ass on the Spartan Run!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)