Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Petite Beret







beret (similar options 1, 2, 3) // dress // jacket (last seen here) // pendant (also available as earrings)

Like I said, I am a whimsical dresser. So naturally, I could not resist wearing my petite beret in Paris! I received this adorable little headpiece as a birthday present two years ago (during my fascinator phase) and I rarely find an occasion to wear it. Unfortunately, the Canadian woman who made it doesn't seem to be producing them anymore. The website still exists, but doesn't look like it has been updated in a while, so proceed at your own risk (le sigh). I could tell that the Parisians really appreciated it, because they couldn't stop staring. Although one Parisian lady did stop me to compliment me on it, which made my day.

It is so hard to decide which of my three Suite dresses I packed for this trip was my favorite! I loved the girly roses of my first dress and the graphic polka dots on the second, but if I had to choose, I think this houndstooth number would win by a hair (it doesn't hurt that it went perfectly with my petite beret!).

QuickEdit
Ashley B
11 Comments
Share :

11 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing!! Seriously love them :) That beret is gorgeous!

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy... jennifer needs to work on her hemming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the pictures are misleading? In person the hem is perfect! What don't you like about it?

      Delete
    2. it's too narrow for a full skirt like that. and it looks droopy on the sides. a wider hem would have been a better choice. otherwise the dress is adorable.

      Delete
    3. The narrowness of the hem doesn't bother me and you don't notice it in person, I think it's the angle of the shot (I am super short, so I tend to prefer a lower angle).

      Delete
  3. Why are you always so cute?!? Love these pictures once again!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so photogenic Ashley and the background of these photos are so beautiful. I love that upon closer look this dress is blue and white, so pretty!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the background, everyone looks better in front of the Eiffel Tower! And a custom made dress helps too ;)

      Delete
  5. You look so adorable and that dress is so great! I love following your fashionable travels!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)