Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: No Shrinking Violets


denim jacket (old, similar) // peplum top // pants // sandals // purse 

Ah, spring has sprung in Florence! And I didn't realize just how nice it has been until I spent this last week in Berlin, where it was cold and rainy. I am happy to be returning to Florence today where it will be sunny and warm.

I feel like all I have done recently is travel. I ended February in Prague, traveled to Paris, London, and Dublin the following two and a half weeks, and then ended March with 6 days in Berlin. It was an amazing month, but I am tired and ready for a little rest and relaxation in Florence.

I don't think I have ever really experienced a true spring. In Florida it just goes from cold to hot. So I am trying to learn how to dress for a proper spring -- lighter layers and jackets. I couldn't wait to wear these open-toe nude sandals from Zara. Although, a couple Italian ladies gave me some disapproving looks for wearing sandals so early in the season (a lot of Italian women refuse to show their toes or take off the puffy jackets before May). But I didn't care, I love everything about this outfit and it was perfect for last Monday's gorgeous spring weather (I will admit I was a bit cold as the sun set).

My favorite part of this outfit is definitely the flowerpot purse. It is just too adorable! It is colorful, whimsical, and even includes a little idiom, "no shrinking violets." It is surprisingly spacious, and while it isn't something I can carry to work or conferences, it's perfect for a little weekend or weeknight fashion fun!

What is your favorite spring accessory?

PS - You know your bestie and family love you when they send you Kate Spade and J.Crew in Italy.

QuickEdit
Ashley B
11 Comments
Share :

11 comments:

  1. LOVE this outfit! I'm studying in Amsterdam this semester and it's nice to see someone else wearing bright colors and prints in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Europe needs more colorful dressers in Europe lol!

      Delete
  2. This is going to sound so sad, but I get super excited when I can go from boots to cute flats. Seriously. It's the highlight of spring for me. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to wear sandals until May, too. This season I'm on the lookout for cute light jackets and sweaters that I can layer!

    jess | Bows & Bouquets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feet were so happy to see the light of day, they have never been cooped up for so long.

      Delete
  3. Kate Spade always has such great pieces! I love that flower pot bag!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are those pants?!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That purse is absolutely adorable! So fun for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hoping to invest in a few pairs of flowing printed pants like this for spring. I think they could actually be dressed up in the work place with heels and a pretty blouse.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only are they cute and fun, but so comfy!

      Delete
  7. Girl, I am screaming at this outfit. Love it so much, each piece just flows and fits so well together. Major!

    Long time blog lurker, first time commenting. Had to for that gorgeous outfit. I'm a history undergrad and you are definitely my style/smarts inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen so sweet of you to say and I love "meeting" fellow historians!

      Delete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)