Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

The Hills are Alive



On the third day of our whirlwind long weekend, we headed to Salzburg, Austria, which is famous for being both the city of the historical von Trapps and where the movie, the Sound of Music, was filmed. Naturally, I was all about going on the Sound of Music tour!


The tour is so fun, they load you on a bus and take you to six different locations where the movie was shot (two palaces, a garden, the church where they wed, the famous gazebo, and the convent where Maria lived). As you travel to each location your guide gives you interesting facts about the movie and the historical family. There is also a sing-along on the bus!




Being from Florida, I couldn't get over the snow and how beautiful everything looked covered in it. Not to mention the views everywhere we went were absolutely stunning!






In addition to singing and frolicking in the snow, I also had the BEST apple strudel of my life! No idea where we were (it was the middle of nowhere), but it was incredible... I still dream about it. And of course, no Sound of Music tour would be complete without twirling in the hills (just wish we'd had clearer skies or maybe a drop of golden sun)!




So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
9 Comments
Share :

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this place looks gorgeous, as do you! Red is such a great color on you!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hunter, I always think to myself that I need to wear more red!

      Delete
  2. This post was too cute! When I went to Salzburg I didn't take the official Sound of Music tour (it sounds so fun!!)...but I did manage a quick twirl or two in the hills :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twirling in the hills is the most important thing anyway!

      Delete
  3. These photos are adorable, girl!

    :)

    xoxo!
    Kelly | Kelly in the City

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! I love how that yellow building looks so right a sunny against the snowy backdrop. Love those red wellies by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been living in the these red Hunter Boots, one of the best purchases I've ever made!

      Delete
  5. It's so funny to see you warm weathered friends frolic in the snow, meanwhile I spend my days daydreaming of warmer weather. You definitely nailed this outfit, love the hat.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)