Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Spotted



Dresses are so much more versatile than people give them credit for! When most people think about packing and creating versatile wardrobes, they turn to separates first. But dresses can bet just as versatile in a capsule/packing wardrobe as separates, you just have to think outside the box a bit. I love layering shirts underneath or sweaters on top of dresses. And, of course, you can't go wrong with the addition of a pussy bow!





blouse (old, similar) // bow (last seen here) // dress // tights // bag // boots

I scored this Kate Spade dress on major sale at Nordstrom just before I left for Italy (runs very small). I liked that I could layer it for winter and still wear it in the late spring and summer as a more casual, sleeveless dress.

I have to say that I am surprised that I am 30 days into my winter packing capsule and I have yet to run out of outfit inspiration! I have only purchased three items since arriving and I haven't even tried to steal pieces from my spring capsule. I thought I would grow tired of my capsule sooner, but I am really enjoying having a small, well curated closet to choose from each morning.


Happy Monday!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
5 Comments
Share :

5 comments:

  1. You are the queen of layering dresses, and they always come out perfect. I really need to take a page out of your book.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I love layering tops under my dresses! Great way to extend your wardrobe!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome dress! I love the blue-tinted animal print! I've never though to add a bow overtop like that. I may just try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress! The pussy bow makes it even more fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)