Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Simplicity








trench (old from Hobbs of London, similar) // 
top (last seen here) // jeans // boots // bag (similar)

Because of my love of pattern and color, I often overlook the beauty of simplicity. Not that this outfit is overly simple, but there is something to be said for clean lines and neutral colors. Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone and had to add a pop of pink. 

I am also not normally a huge fan of overly distressed denim, but I was surprised when I tried these jeans on a Nordstrom this past December. They fit great and are very comfortable. I thought it would be fun to pair them with an unexpected lighter and more sophisticated top. I typically wear them with tights, which gives a less severe look, but the weather was so nice last week in Florence, I decided to go for it. Of course, I would never ear them to work, but they are fun for an afternoon of shopping or an evening out. 


Tonight I am leaving for Prague (Yay!), so be sure to follow along on Instagram for all of my latest travel adventures!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
12 Comments
Share :

12 comments:

  1. You hair looks amazing in these pictures! I'd definitely love a blog post on how to get those soft waves! (:

    Madeeha
    theschoolgirlsnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea (although it isn't anything ground breaking), I will see what I can put together!

      Delete
  2. Your outfits are always so on point! I love the trench coat!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is SO cute! Obsessed with the color!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks AMAZING! I would love to see a tutorial on how you do it!

    xx, Victoria
    http://memphis-made.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look. That bag is great I love that pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if you're trying to look like you're a sherrif who just stepped out of an old Western or not, but just in case the answer is no, here are some instructions on how to properly wear a fedora. Hint: you're wearing it way too far back. http://glambistro.com/13244/how-to-style-fedora-hats-for-women/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to buy a bow! That is all. :)

    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my pussy bow, if anything I wear it too much!

      Delete
  8. I've been looking for a pair of ripped black denim similar to what you're wearing!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are on super sale at Nordstrom!

      Delete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)