Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Patterns at Play


I'll be honest, I definitely don't "blend in" in Italy. I like color and pattern and that isn't going to change. But despite their love of black and voluminous shapes, Italians do appreciate other style aesthetics. They don't, however, respect the stereotypical "sloppy" and casual American style (but more on that later). 

I used to fear that unless I embraced shapeless, black ensembles I would never fit in here. While my style may not be theirs, they do respect that I have a style and that I put effort into it. It always makes my day when a chic looking Italian woman stops me to compliment or ask about my outfit!






top // puffer // skirt (last seen here) // tights (the best!) // wellies (last seen here)

I am also really enjoying dressing for the cold weather -- so many fun layers, so little time! My first week here was gorgeous with chilly temps and blue skies. This week, however, has been gloomy and rainy. My Hunter Tour boots have come in especially handy, and not just in the rain. They are supper warm (I got the shearling inserts) and comfortable for walking around the city. And let me just say, cobblestone in the rain is the worst! It is basically nothing but puddles. I don't know how people make here without wellies!

This weekend I will be taking my Hunters for their first test drive in the snow. I am headed to Budapest and Vienna and they are predicting very cold temps and snow! I am so excited, this Florida girl rarely gets to experience snow, so it is still fun and exciting for me. I am sure everyone in the northeast will beg to differ.

Photos by: Whisky-Ginger

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
14 Comments
Share :

14 comments:

  1. I love how you use color! I'm always really nervous using multiple bright colors because I think I'll end up screaming Fourth of July or some random holiday which is no where near. But you do it so well and they're always seasonally appropriate! I hope you're having a great time in Italy, one of my best friends is in the country for a study abroad program.

    -Madeeha
    theschoolgirlsnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeeha, and don't be afraid, just go for it! Hope your friend enjoys every moment in Italy, it truly is an amazing place (and I hope you get to visit her)!

      Delete
  2. I had been mourning the fact that the vest you're wearing was out of stock (I literally just looked for it online yesterday) and low and behold, I check today and there are a few sizes available!!! You made my day.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo, happy to be of service. I love my puffers, and they are very handy here.

      Delete
  3. Once again your pattern mixing skills are absolutely flawless! I'm looking forward to your seeing pictures from your trip to Budapest and Vienna.

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be so afraid that this sort of look would add bulk to me but now I am totally going to try it. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puffers give a surprisingly great shape, I too was surprised how flattering they can be.

      Delete
  5. You rock pattern play like nobody else - I love it! I always feel like such a mess when I try. Last time I was in Florence it rained so hard for a couple of days, the Hunter tours would have been perfect, I had to stop in Benetton and buy some wellies (pink, obviously) that are super cute but kind of heavy for travel. I have giant calves though so I think I need to get the short Hunters. Have an amazing trip to Vienna and Budapest! Vienna has always been on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, and yes it is currently raining here and probably will for another couple days! So happy to have my Hunters!

      Delete
  6. Agree with Clare, you have a knack for mixing patterns :) . Another gorgeous combo! Wellies=a life saver. I do not have hunter boots myself, but my sis swears by them all the winter (we are from MN!). Should be perfect for your trip in Budapest and Vienna :).

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, I am pretty sure it's my one skill in life!

      Delete
  7. Hello! Really cute outfit, but i just cant get over how cute your hunter boots are on you! I have the same color (and 4 others too!) and it really adds a great pop of color. I think youd look great in a yellow or pink pair too!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)