Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Stripes + Plaid


Nothing like ringing in 2015 with bright colors and a bit of pattern play! Actually I have been creatively wearing everything that I haven't packed for Europe. I've had this striped J.Crew dress for years now and it remains one of my favorites (I will probably have it shipped to me for the summer). And while I love my J.Crew Field Jacket in Florida, it isn't very warm or waterproof, so it will have to be left behind to make room for more functional pieces. Of course, I am taking this amazing scarf and my favorite red Hunters, but since I am planning on wearing them on the plane, they have escaped being packed away.






scarf // dress (very old) // jacket // wellies

I really love the colors of this scarf, and believe it or not, I scored it on eBay. I originally fell in love with Zara's version of this colorful plaid blanket scarf, but I waited too long and it sold out. Since then I've seen reproductions everywhere. But when I stumbled on it on eBay (at an amazing price), I had to have it. I was a little nervous when I realized that it shipped from China, but I decided to go for it. It took three weeks to arrive, but as you can see it was worth the wait.

With only a week or so left before I depart, I've been running all over town - canceling gym memberships, changing my cell phone plan, getting Euros, buying last minute travel items, paying bills... etc., etc., etc! This outfit was perfect for just such a day of errand running. This week will be another crazy one as I try to fit in all of my pre-departure appointments - hair, nails, eyebrows - and spend time with all my friends before I leave! You think anyone will notice if I just wear this everyday?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
10 Comments
Share :

10 comments:

  1. Love the bag, love the scarf, love the shoes. I have similar of all three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So close to the big trip, you must be getting so excited! Also the fact that you have had that dress for years now and it's still holding up is a great sign that J Crew makes quality products. I have a sweater from them that I bought in high school (!!) and I still keep it in my outfit rotation!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to be so sad when I have to retire this dress!

      Delete
  3. You look adorable and I'm loving your red Wellies, deffo on my wish list,I sometimes wear my shiny black Huntress Wellies when I fly although I do get some odd looks at the airport.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck getting everything together! I feel like I'm doing the same before heading back to school! Packing, running tons of errands, doctors/ dentist appts., eyebrows, nails, and trying to spend as much time with my family! Can't wait to see all your adventures overseas! xoxo

    Shannon | www.prepavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It feels like a lot of work, but totally worth it!

      Delete
  5. Those sunglasses are amazing! Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Karen Walker Super Dupers (mine are super duper old lol, but Shopbop still carries them, or at least a newer version).

      Delete
  6. The scarf does have amazing colours!

    But honestly my eyes kept creeping towards your bag, what an amazing colour, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)