Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Pattern Perfection


Taking outfit photos in Italy is so, so easy. Everywhere you turn is gorgeous and offers the perfect background. I have a particular fondness for the giant, and meticulously carved, church doors (these belong to Santa Croce). While finding the perfect location is easy, the Italians are quite judgy as they past by (as if taking outfit photos wasn't weird enough). I have some hilarious outtakes to share with you soon!







hat // coat (last seen here) // shirt // pussy bow (last seen here) // pants // boots // tote

When abroad, I normally con my friend Anna into taking my pictures, but this year I was so excited to meet Taylor. Taylor is working for Anna at FlorenceForFun and in addition to running their blog, she also runs her own fashion/travel/lifestyle blog Whiskey Ginger. This means I finally have someone to snap pictures with!

We headed out Sunday morning for our first session and had a fantastic time -- again Florence makes it too easy. I wore these amazing J.Crew pattern pants (which by the way, have an elastic waistband... just saying), pussy bow (duh), and grey capelet coat. I've been sporty my Tiny Tote almost daily. It is the perfect size for running around town.

Happy Monday!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
13 Comments
Share :

13 comments:

  1. I am in love with your pants!! They are seriously so fun :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! They are also ridiculously comfortable.

      Delete
  2. Your pants are too loose, this outfit would look better with some more form fitting bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that these pants are a bit of an unexpected shape, definitely a bit fuller my usual pant silhouettes. I am curious to hear what you would pair with them? They are definitely not pants that work with everything, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. I stayed right next to Santa Croce when I visited Florence! Such a beautiful area :) I live for your Florence posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon so glad to hear you like my Florence posts! Hopefully it doesn't get old after 7 months ;)

      Delete
  4. I love love love those pants! And an elastic waist?!?! Yay! They aren't too loose for your outfit. Now I want a cape, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this cape/jacket. It is the perfect shape and proportion, and the best part? The cape is detachable, which gives you a completely different look! Thanks Kate!

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog and so happy I did. I love it and your style. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in Florence. That capelet is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you take risks with your outfits, those pants aren't for everyone but you totally pull them off!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit and the scenery is so perfect!! I am especially loving the pic with the moped :)

    Nicole, keepcalmandcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will always be in awe of how brave you are with your patterns. I'll be honest and say that if I saw such brightly patterned pants in-store, I would probably scurry away from them pretty quickly. But whenever I see you rock them, they look so chic and not so scary! Thanks as always so another fun post :)

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Love that cape. It give the outfit an air of "preppiness" to balance out those edgy shoes!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)