Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Bon Voyage


Remember when I said I wasn't going to unpack any of my winter or spring capsule before departing? Well, last week's cold snap ruined that plan. Since all of my sweaters were packed away, I had to pull something out, and I couldn't resist wearing my new Madewell bon voyage turtleneck. I think it is a fitting last outfit post from the states.






turtleneck sweater (sold out, similar) // skirt // tights // booties 

I feel like this week will be a bit of a waiting game (travel always feels like you are hurrying just to wait, doesn't it?). I have worked so hard over the past few weeks to prep everything for my departure. I have just a few last minute things to take care, but other than that I am ready to go! I am driving to Atlanta on Wednesday (this is where Ophelia will be vacationing) and I depart for Italy on Friday!

I've spent all weekend (and will continuing spending this week) indulging in the things I will miss the most - Thai food (which I can get outside of Italy), DD coffee (can't wait for Berlin), my favorite TV shows, friends, and my favorite workout classes. As much as I will miss these things, I am so looking forward to not having to drive, fresh pastries every morning, walking everywhere, exploring new places, Italian food and wine, cold weather, researching in the archive, and my friends in Florence.

What do you miss the most when you're abroad?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
9 Comments
Share :

9 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time abroad! I love that sweater!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip over there! And this is a truly fitting last outfit post before your departure :) Sounds like you are going to have a fabulous time!

    xo
    Caitlin
    www.teachinspirechange.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to updates from your time in Italy, even just your anticipation brings me back to when I was getting ready to head there last. Enjoy these moments and the things you'll be away from for awhile!

    Sarah
    Sweet Spontaneity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah, you can live vicariously!

      Delete
  4. I'm so used to seeing you in bright colors and prints but I have to say, you look equally as good in a black and white combo! Only a few more days and you'll be off to paradise!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am all about the color, but I feel like I need to start wearing more black.

      Delete
  5. Nice outfit! I LOVE the name of your blog. So nice and original.
    http://miralabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)