Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

The Look For Less: Marc Jacobs



Marc Jacobs is one of my favorite designers and when this black dress and plaid shirt ensemble (left) showed up in my email inbox (via Nordstrom) I fell in love. What I didn't love, however, was the price. Together the shirt, dress, and shoes totaled over one thousand dollars! So I set out to recreate  it, I mean it wasn't that complicated or special of a look.




dress // blouse (similar 1, 2) // shoes

My first stop for recreating this look was ASOS, because they simply have everything. A quick key word search led me to the v-neck black dress, and with some patient page scrolling, I found the sheer plaid blouse (word to the wise, it's a British company so sometimes you have to learn their lingo to maximize your search results - it's checked, not plaid). The shoes are one of my favorite brands, Melissa, via Shopbop. Total cost of my look - $221, that's almost one fifth of the original price of the Marc by Marc Jacobs look! 

What do you think of my look for less?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
4 Comments
Share :

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit! You did such a great job re-creating that Marc Jacobs look :)

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing in this look! Love that you were able to recreate a Marc Jacobs style at a fraction of the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute outfit! I love that you shared how to create a designer look for less. I have been loving your blog for a long time now and I love the new layout. You've been a lot of help to me especially with the "How to write a personal statement" post. I am applying to grad school in December and it was incredibly helpful. Thanks for writing such an awesome blog!

    Alicia Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your look & your price tag! I really like how you recreated a designer look!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)