Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Break the Rules


When it comes to fashion, I don't have a lot of "rules." After all I think fashion should be fun and you should constantly be trying new things and pushing your style to evolve. I think most fashion rules - no white after Labor Day, no mixing navy and black, and no sequins during the day - are meant to be broken.


But there are a few rules I follow, like only show off one body part at a time (legs or d├ęcolletage, not both), tights are not acceptable as pants, and finally, if you are an adult woman, you should not be shopping in the junior's department. This last one I thought I was pretty dedicated to, after all juniors clothing is designed for young women who have very different bodies than adult women. 

The other day, however, I broke my own rule. I was walking through Dillards and I saw the most adorable pink and red plaid skirt, in the juniors department! I was instantly attracted to the unique color combo (another forbidden fruit) and the flare shape of the skirt. I couldn't help but try it on. Naturally I had to go up a size to compensate for the juniors cut, but to my surprise it was adorable and well made (it is my favorite structured ponte fabric)!





hat // shirt // skirt // sunnies // socks // shoes // bag (no longer available, similar)

Since it is a junior's cut, the skirt is a bit too short for teaching. But I think it will transition well into winter and look great with back tights and grey knee socks. I also think I need to wear more pink and red together, I love it!

Which fashion rules do you live by and which ones are you willing to break?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
3 Comments
Share :

3 comments:

  1. Loving this skirt on you and I agree, fashion rules are meant to be broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you checked out the Nordstrom's junior department? Its amaaaazing! Good basics like jeans, cardigans and (faux) silk tanks. Obviously a lot of it is too trendy/teen-ish, but the classics they stock are great staples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's fun to break even your own personal rules. For awhile I was strongly against mixing brown and black but then I got a cute sweater that had both colors in it, and I would forever break the rules going forward.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)