Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Juxtaposition


One of the best parts about working in academia is the summer. It's a misnomer, however, that teachers and professors "don't work" during the summer. We work, it is just a different kind of work. I work from Italy and when I get home, I work in my pajamas from home. Unfortunately, the summer is coming to an end and in just two weeks I have to start putting on real clothes, heading to work every morning, and teaching. None of which can be done in your pjs (sadly). But that's ok, I have discovered the next best thing - J.Crew's Turner pant. All the comfort of pajamas with all the style of J.Crew (and I didn't even have to hem them)!





Zara blazer (similar) // Madewell tee // J.Crew Turner pant // C. Wonder leopard pumps (similar) // Tory Burch bag (similar)

I paired mine with a t-shirt and blazer because I love the juxtaposition of slouchy and structured, which is exactly what these pants are! Plus the elastic waistband is very forgiving, remember I just returned from 3 months in the land of pasta. I have a lot of working out ahead of me lol.

Have you tried the Turner pant?

PS - this weekend is very exciting, it's the weekend my best friend finally returns from her 10-month research grant in Barbados!
QuickEdit
Ashley B
5 Comments
Share :

5 comments:

  1. Another great look on you Ashley! Slouchy pants are definitely on my fall wish-list as well.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound amazing, as a student I always struggle with the conflict between comfort and style so when I find something that combines both I just fall in love!

    Natalie
    pugsandpink.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been loving all of your looks! These pants looks so fun!

    XO AJ
    TheAJMinute | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so fearless and fun with your outfits :) I love the pop of yellow!

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pants that will hide my food baby? Yes please---not to mention the print is really interesting and unique. Also, I love those leopard pumps; they even have a chunky heel that I prefer.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)