Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Clean Lines


There is nothing better than a crisp, well-fitting navy and white striped shirt. And when paired with a great tailored skinny pant it feels very Audrey-esque. 

I discovered this striped top and pant the other day at J.Crew (I know surprise, surprise), but since I often overlook simple pieces, they didn't immediately jump out at me. It was only through the coaxing of my personal stylist (Greta, she's awesome) that I was convinced to try the new Dannie pant. They actually looked terrible on the hanger. They appeared overly high waisted and long, so I was shocked when I put them on and they fit amazingly (they came to my natural waist and didn't need to be hemmed)! And the back zipper closure means that they look great on your bum! I also loved the side zipper detail on the shirt.






top // pants // tote // ballet flats (similar) // sunnies

The Dannie pant is meant to be the new Minnie - and I am hooked! I love this pant because they make you look instantly put together with zero effort and they go with everything. But not to worry, if you remain a Minnie pant lover, Greta assured me that they will still be available online (just no longer in store).

What are your favorite basic pieces?
QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. I love the navy stripes and the pink ballet flats! Such a great combo!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the J. Crew Minnie so I definitely need to try these! Obsessed with this outfit head to toe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the zipper detail on the top!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow , This is really amazing ,Thanks for sharing your experience with us . Turkey Travel Packages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you have to size up with these pants? I found that my regular size in the Minnie pants was not quite work appropriate, and I wonder if these fit the same way.

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)