Outfit: Clean Lines

There is nothing better than a crisp, well-fitting navy and white striped shirt. And when paired with a great tailored skinny pant it feels very Audrey-esque. 

I discovered this striped top and pant the other day at J.Crew (I know surprise, surprise), but since I often overlook simple pieces, they didn't immediately jump out at me. It was only through the coaxing of my personal stylist (Greta, she's awesome) that I was convinced to try the new Dannie pant. They actually looked terrible on the hanger. They appeared overly high waisted and long, so I was shocked when I put them on and they fit amazingly (they came to my natural waist and didn't need to be hemmed)! And the back zipper closure means that they look great on your bum! I also loved the side zipper detail on the shirt.






top // pants // tote // ballet flats (similar) // sunnies

The Dannie pant is meant to be the new Minnie - and I am hooked! I love this pant because they make you look instantly put together with zero effort and they go with everything. But not to worry, if you remain a Minnie pant lover, Greta assured me that they will still be available online (just no longer in store).

What are your favorite basic pieces?

Labels: , , , ,