Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Midi Moment


Remember that adorable French Connection top I featured last month in my Sporty Spring Stripes post? Well, I also mentioned in that post that they made a matching midi skirt. I was hesitant to try this trend (since I am so short), but I decided to go for it, and I love it! I actually think the length works!




Obviously, I took these pictures before I left for Italy. I was worried the skirt wouldn't arrive in time, but thankfully it arrived just in time. Don't worry my first update from Florence will happen tomorrow, so stay tuned!


QuickEdit
Ashley B
5 Comments
Share :

5 comments:

  1. Love the midi skirt! Such a great look!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is so cute! I love how the stripes on the shirt are horizontal but the skirt stripes aren't. I think it keeps it from being too "matchy". Love it! Hope you're having a wonderful time in Italy so far!!

    Natalie
    pugsandpink.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm also loving your sunglasses!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made a great choice in pairing your midi skirt with the heeled espadrilles. I would love to see this skirt paired with a knotted chambray button down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous! I agree, this absolutely works, especially with the heel-height. You could put this with a pointy-toe navy 3" conservative heel & a short navy jacket and look like you are ready to take charge when you walk into any classroom--this coming from a former prof.

    I applaud your desire to inject style and class into your academic career--I don't want to be the only one in academia with at least a little bit of fashion sense! But of course, we are not: are you familiar with these fashionable academics & their blogs (two are mentioned in this post)? http://theprofessorisin.com/2011/07/28/what-not-to-wear-assistant-professor-edition/

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)