Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Going Native


I call this outfit "going native," but let's be real, it's far from "Italian style." But, in my defense, I did buy this entire outfit in Florence! I wandered into Zara one afternoon with the intent of finding something slightly out of my style comfort zone (aka something more Italian).

I fell in love with this zippered, cropped pink jacket, which is a little different from my typical blazer. But then I saw this floral top and high-waisted striped shorts. An Italian woman would have probably paired this jacket with a black top or dress, I on the other hand could resist mixing the stripes and florals and popping it with the pink jacket (#sorrynotsorry). While I failed in my attempt to dress more Italian, I loved the outfit in the end.





We took these photos in one of my favorite spots in Florence, the Piazzale Michelangelo. It has an incredible view overlooking the city and is my favorite spot to watch the sun set and drink prosecco.

Does anyone else struggle to push themselves out of their style comfort zone?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. I definitely struggle with it at times. I am trying to be okay things not matching exactly or at all, whether that includes mixing prints, styles, or color schemes. Of course, I prefer complementary colors and styles that do go together as that's a classically streamlined way to dress but once in a while I need to basically take things less seriously and just wear things that I love and get use out of them or try stepping out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! That pink jacket is great!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a gorgeous outfit! You're so good at mixing prints!
    xoxo Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since I've become a blogger I've definitely started challenging myself more fashion wise. Love this look, that jacket is so fun and although it's not something I would expect to see on you, I love it and you are really rocking it (yay for my out-of-comfort-zone outfits!).
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love everything about this outfit! I think I need it all ;)

    xo Kylie
    www.dressinsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit and those pictures are beautiful! So jealous!

    Natalie
    pugsandpink.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fantastic jacket! While I think it would definitely look great with a black top or dress, you still paired it really well.

    Sarah
    Sweet Spontaneity

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)