Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Outfit: Garden Party





hat (old from Target, similar) // dress // tee // clutch // wedges

This J.Crew dress is my absolute favorite right now... the floral pattern, the colors, it's just perfection! The only problem? It's sleeveless. This wouldn't normally be a deal-breaker (although my upper arms are my least favorite body part), but I wanted a way to make it "church appropriate" for my summer travels. I have to say, I love the look of the stripe tee underneath. You know I love a good #patternplay.

What do you think? Do you ever add layers to your dresses?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
8 Comments
Share :

8 comments:

  1. I normally hate layering under dresses, but this is so well done! The striped tee looks like it should be part of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! The color and print is great on you!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely hate going sleeveless! I have a sleeveless black ponte sheath dress from Lands End that I wear to death. I wear it with turtlenecks, ocbds, my J.Crew keeper chambray shirt. I also like the look of wearing a plaid cotton spaghetti strap dress with a long sleeve tee with a vest or short sleeve slightly oversized cardigan - it's a cozy look for winter when you add boots and tights.

    One thing I'd like to get more into is wearing tops over sleeveless/spaghetti strap dresses. For some reason, when I try it, I tend to look a bit lumpy-bumpy.

    I think with layering tees under dresses, it can be tricky. I think the neckline has to meet up with the dress's neckline in just the right way. You've done it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress!

    www.thesequinedswans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been seeing a lot of people post about this dress and I wasn't a big fan until I saw it in this post. You always do such a good job of mixing patterns!

    Natalie
    http://pugsandpink.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said in my Instragram comment, this might be one of my favorite outfits that you have put together. Such a cute look from head to toe!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I love this dress and how you paired these prints together. The hat is a nice touch too. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Everything goes together so well, and I really love this dress!
    Cara
    caralinastyle

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)