Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Apartment Therapy: Kitchen + Bath


Last week in my Q + A post, many of you commented that you like my decorating posts (thank you!), and someone asked about my kitchen and bathroom. Well, there were no pictures of my kitchen and bathroom in my apartment tour, because they have received zero decorating attention!

I am definitely planning on redoing both this fall, after I return from Italy (there is no way I'll have time before I leave... in 28 days... crap!). So I have started looking for inspiration. Let's face it, the kitchen and bath are the most difficult rooms to decorate. My bathroom especially, since it is tiny. And well, I don't really use my kitchen...

For tiny bathrooms the shower curtain is really the focal point of the room and the place where you can add the most bang for your buck! Once you choose a shower curtain, it's easy to select coordinating accessories, towels, and a bathmat.


I found this great striped shower curtain at West Elm, but I am afraid it looks too much like the curtains in my bedroom. Plus, I wanted something with a little more going on.

I thought I wanted to keep with my favorite color combo (pink + navy) and I found these great options (at Cafe Press no less):



But then I discovered that you can design your own shower curtain at Cafe Press! Call me crazy, but I am loving this:


What do you think? Love it or hate it? Talk about a statement piece! I am imagining some great blue and coral accessories (so much for the navy and pink combo lol).

Happy Hump Day!
QuickEdit
Ashley B
8 Comments
Share :

8 comments:

  1. I believe it was me who asked. I agree that the shower curtain is a main focal point and helps guide the rest of the design of a bathroom. I happen to like the two navy and pink ones you posted a lot! I can see some pretty flowers and candles being mixed in, corresponding towels, etc. I know someone who has a bathroom mirror which looks like a ship's window--the kind with steel around it and handles. It really makes for a nice nautical theme.

    Kitchen-wise, I think clean and elegant is a good look. My taste in interior design is a mixture of styles, but contemporary is probably my preferred look in kitchens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love the shower curtain you designed... i'm so envious of your artistic talent!
    xo
    Tara
    shoesillneverhave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with the middle design, I definitely love a good graphic print!

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally think you should design your own shower curtain! The idea of having something completely unique and your own is just too fun to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shower curtain! It is too cute!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely OBSESSED with blue & white stripes - so that shower curtain is perfection!! Right now I have a sliding glass door, but if my next apartment calls for a shower curtain you'll find me in the check-out line at West Elm!

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judging by your recent Pinterest activity I thought you might be looking to re-do your bathroom ha! I'm excited to see what you come up with, that striped curtain is really cute.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you make such beautiful prints I think it would be so fun to make one into a shower curtain it would be so unique!
    Natalie
    pugsandpink.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)