Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Traveling with Style: Part 1


One of the comments on my Touring Italia post brought up an excellent point--when many Americans travel they look like bums!

It seems that running shorts, leggings (which, by the way are not pants!), hiking boots/athletic sneakers, and t-shirts are the norm for Americans abroad. Not that there is anything wrong with these clothing items, it is just that if you dress like this, you will stand out when traveling in chic European cities!

So I thought I should share a new series of easy, and just as comfortable, alternatives to sloppy travel staples:




These are just a few of my traveling with style "rules." Check back next week for more!


QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. Love this - I think this outfit is perfect for a train ride into your next destination or walking around!! If i'm flying long distances I really like to be comfy and can't wear jeans...too constricting for me!! New to your blog and can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit you created for travel! It looks great!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about seeing Americans from a mile away while abroad, it's especially the case in Japan where the baseline for style is much higher than in the US. Also, I love the tote you chose!

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great for casual weekend attire too, it's a nice alternative from sweatshirts and comfy pants.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My biggest thing is things that don't wrinkle!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! This is definitely my go-to travel outfit - except I add my cashmere wrap that I turn into a scarf.

    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your idea for the new series, "Traveling with Style"! You're off to a great start--I look forward to the next installment. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)