Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Touring Italia with Style: Part 1


Sorry for all of the posts about Italy lately, but between planning this summer's trip last week, the arrival of spring, and the latest Kate Spade catalogue, I can't get Italy off the brain! So indulge me ;)

I don't know about you, but whenever I am planning a trip, I envision myself in some fabulous and destination-themed outfit. In my mind when I tour the Amalfi Coast, I look like I just stepped out of Kate Spade's Capri campaign lol. I don't always live up to this vision, but it is still fun to plan my outfits.

top // skirt // scarf // bag // shoes


top // pants // sunnies // bag // shoes

On a more serious note, I do always advise people to dress up a little when they travel. Not only do you get better service, but you will like your photos more. I love taking pictures when I travel and if you ask me, they are the best souvenir you can bring home!

Trust me, no one looks cute in sweats in front of the Eiffel tower. Now I am not advocating heels or anything impractical, but try to find the balance between fashion and function (click here for my post on traveling with style).
QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. Great outfits! Being stylish is always one of my top priorities when I go on vacation. I can never have bad pictures to look back on haha ;)

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. People should make more of an effort to dress up anywhere they go. It doesn't have to be fancy but just put together and simple. I really like these outfit sets! I'd love to see more of these on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those outfits and going to the Amalfi coast at least 3 times per year I can assure you that your choice would be super appropriate ! I also agree about dressing up a bit when travelling, the pics will surely turn out better ! Said that, I want those lemon print shoes !

    Fashion and Cookies
    Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I like to dress up a little when I travel, if I'm wearing a wrinkled dress or an unflattering top I never want to display the photos even if they have happy memories associated with them. I've learned my lesson, always dress (and do my hair) for photos while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first outfit! It makes me wish I was drinking lemonade on a boat somewhere warm :) pugsandpink.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first outfit is so cute! I want the shoes and the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh these are great picks, the definitely work for a variety of vacation spots. Keep them coming!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)