Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Decorating on a Budget


While I love decorating, I love chic decor for a steal more! Because let's be honest, the more I spend on decorating the less there is for my purse and shoe budget (priorities right?). I also like (constantly) redecorating, which means it makes no sense to spend a ton on decor that I might want to redo or update in a year or so. Plus, there is no point in investing in furniture when you are just starting your career and have no clue where you might end up.

My favorite stores for decorating on a budget are HomeGoods, Target, Z Gallery, and of course, Ikea! Seriously check out all of the ideas on Pinterest for Ikea hacks. So many great ideas so little time!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

These are just some of my favorite looks for less. On the left are the pieces I drew inspiration from, and on the right are the less expensive (but still stylish) versions you saw in my apartment tour. If you are patient, creative, and willing to hack some Ikea furniture, you can achieve almost any designer looks for less!

By far, I get the most compliments on this Target rug. It looks amazing and, at $25-50 (it comes in two sizes), it is an incredible deal:


What are you favorite budget-friendly decor stores?


QuickEdit
Ashley B
5 Comments
Share :

5 comments:

  1. Always Target! I just got some cute side tables for my guest room there :)
    xo
    Tara
    shoesillneverhave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your budget picks!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! Our apartments have some very similar elements. I also love to bargain shop - I'm obsessed with my Ikea desk makeover to add gold and stripes. Totally changed the look of an inexpensive piece!



    xx,
    Rachel
    Suppose Anything Goes


    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I have major apartment envy over here after your tour posts, so I might have to do a little bit of an apartment overhaul ;)

    Julia
    this sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with HomeGoods as well. I wish I had an Ikea in my area because I always see such amazing pieces on your blog from them.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)