Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

New 30 X 30 Challenge + No Shopping for a Month!



Yep you read that right, I am pledging not to shop (for clothing) for one month. Thirty whole days!!!!! I type this with equal parts excitement and terror.

My last 30 X 30 challenge was a lot of fun, but since I really didn't cut off my shopping, it wasn't much of a challenge. So what is different this time? Well, my shopping habit has been a little excessive as of late. And I recently read this article on money management. I really want to make saving and responsible spending more of a priority in my life.

I think my shopping habit gets out of hand at times because of my issues with immediacy. Patience is not one of my virtues. This can work to my advantage (when I set my mind to something there is no stopping me), but it can also work against me, especially when it comes to purchasing and eating. For some reason I think if I don't buy that top now or eat all of the cookies, they won't be there when I return. This of course is not true. Even if the item I had my eye on does sell out, it is not the end of the world! I will live without that new shirt.

So I think forcing myself to abstain from shopping for thirty days will help me to realize that acquiring a new item of clothing isn't that important, being more financially responsible is! Now, I am not delusional, I know this will be hard. For me fashion and shopping are fun hobbies and one of my main sources of stress relief. To help me through the next month, I am planning another 30 X 30 wardrobe challenge and every time I have the desire to shop, I am going to go for a run (ambitious to say the least)!

Since my birthday is this week, I plan on starting the challenge Monday, February 17th. I am already worried lol. Otherwise the same rules of my last challenge will apply - I can only wear thirty articles of clothing for thirty days.

I'll post the thirty items I am picking for this challenge soon! Wish me luck! Anybody interested in joining me in not shopping for a month?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. I think that its amazing that you can do this. I always enjoy your posts on this!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on a no spending ban for Febrauary - it's tough at the moment but I'm hoping that I will feel that it was worth it at then end! Good Luck!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea! Every since Mackenzie over at Design Darling did this, I have been thinking of doing and I may have to. I really want to push myself! Expect a post soon!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need to do this! I have been so bad lately!! What a great way to discipline yourself AND save money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best of luck! I am always inspired by seeing others take on a personal challenge. You have a wonderful community of readers who will be supporting you!

    Denise
    Pretty Officer Kidd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, It's definitely a good way to build back up your money account!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! This will be a rewarding experience for you, it definitely was for me.

    I chose to have no shopping challenges quite frequently to help pad my bank account and to also take control of my spending. The first time I did it I thought I would go crazy the first day I was "allowed" to shop, but I surprised myself by not even desiring to shop that first day. Stick to it, you'll be fantastic!

    Sarah
    Sweet Spontaneity

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)