Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

13.1: Half Marathon Training Update



Truthfully, the start of my half marathon training has run hot and cold.

Week One: I was off to a fabulous start. I ran everyday I was supposed to and I naively thought, "well this isn't too bad!"

Week Two: Life happened. I found myself insanely busy and struggling to make time to run.

Week Three: Illness benches me. As if my second week wasn't rocky enough, I caught a cold and couldn't run for a solid week.

Week Four: I am back with a vengeance... well kind of. This week I completed my first successful long run! It may not seem like much, but I ran five miles non stop, and with relative ease. This is the farthest I have ever really pushed myself to run. And even better, for the first time (ever) I passed another runner on Bayshore! For those of you who don't know "Bayshore" it is a very long sidewalk (more than 7 miles) that runs along Tampa Bay and makes the perfect running spot (especially when the dolphins are playful). But it also attracts a lot of serious runners and I am often intimidated by everyone (and I mean everyone... even pregnant women) who fly by me. So passing someone, anyone, is a huge feat lol.

My next long run was supposed to be tomorrow, but of course life isn't cooperating. I have to cover a class for a colleague, but I am hoping to run 6 miles Thursday. Wish me luck! Although I just discovered my cat chewed through my headphones. I can only image how boring 6 miles is going to be without music. But no excuses!

I also have to say thanks for everyone's support here and on my Instagram! It's always nice to know you are not alone!

I know several of you are also training, how's your training going? Any tips?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
5 Comments
Share :

5 comments:

  1. I'm running my first half in a couple weeks! I'm super nervous, but I think I'll be ok. I would just say that take it slow (and take lots of rest/recovery) because an injury can set you back so much! And I also recommend getting a new pair of headphone asap lol! I love jamming out when I run haha.

    AJ | TheAJMinute | @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job! Just keep pushing yourself and staying persistent and it will pay off! When you cross the finish line you will feel SO accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am happy the training is starting to work out :)

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  4. Training for my 1/4 marathon is not going well! Haha life and a whole lot of snow has been getting in the way! I am hoping soon I can get it together :) I have just been focusing on working my body inside out with healthy eating, and isolated workouts, so when the time to run outside comes I am prepared... lets hope it works!

    Amy
    http://xchampagnepearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I honestly feel like someone would have to drag my dead body across a finish line before I ever successfully completed a half marathon, haha!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)