Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Running Gear



Ok so as I mentioned last week, week two of my marathon training stunk. And this week isn't off to the best start since I'm sick! Fortunately I have time to call that week (and maybe this week) a mulligan(s) and start anew. No matter what, I am determined to get back on track!

Marathon training (even a half) requires careful training and the proper gear. My friend Courtney (a.k.a the crazy triathlete) has been instrumental in helping me prepare (check out her blog here). Running 3 to 4 miles, while by no means easy, doesn't require much forethought. But a run over 5 miles (or over an hour) does. You need to think about gear, water, and nutrition.

As far as gear goes, I like to run with music, which means I need a way to carry my iPhone (it also tracks my mileage and pace). Courtney suggested a SPI belt, which was great for short runs, but I also wanted something that could hold water. I found this running belt on Amazon and can't wait for it to arrive. I also ordered these headphones. For some reason earbuds do not stay in my ears (so frustrating).

I have come to the conclusion that while running shorts are cuter, they drive me crazy when I run (all of the ridding up!). So I am going to invest in some quality running crops. I love these, plus they are reversible!

Finally, per Courtney's advice, I need to start playing around with nutrition. There are tons of gels, drinks, and bite-sized snacks out there, and honestly I have no clue where to start! Courtney suggested I get a variety and start trying them on my longer runs. Any suggestions? All recommendations are appreciated!

Still on my list to figure out, the right (quality) shoes (I am going to a running store to check my pronation), and a sports bra that doesn't chafe! Again, suggestions are appreciated!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
5 Comments
Share :

5 comments:

  1. Such cute pants! Maybe if I got those I would have more motivation!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your running gear picks!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those good headphones that actually stay in your ears as you run around are crucial!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliff Bars and Luna Protein bars are my favorite, especially anything with chocolate and peanut butter! If you are looking into crops, my favorite pairs are the Wunder Under Crops from lulu lemon.

    Good Luck!

    xo
    Kira
    {apairofchicpearls.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Award (kind of like a chain letter thing). You can check it out on my blog: http://hyperactivedaydream.blogspot.ca

    It would be awesome if you continued it, but I understand if you don't - you should, however, check it out :)

    xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)