Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

I Work Out {Play List}


So I'll be honest, my second week of 1/2 marathon training has been less than stellar. I am super stressed out over a conference paper and I have been using it as an excuse not to run. I even went to the mall yesterday for some retail therapy (instead of running).

I know that running will actually help me research and write the paper, but sometimes I just get in a funk! You might call it a case of the blahs! I am sure everyone can relate. It has just been one of those weeks.

But I have decided I need to snap out of it! And one sure-fire way to do that is to download some up beat music (and buy a new pair of running crops #sorrynotsorry).

I am by no means I music snob. My music snob friends can attest to this. It is simple, I like what I like, and what I like is usually just something catchy and up beat... especially when running. So today I cashed in my Christmas iTunes card and download this playlist:


I could seriously put Bastille on repeat for my entire run! Any other suggestions for great workout songs/playlists? Please share! I am sure we could all use it!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
9 Comments
Share :

9 comments:

  1. I love Pompeii by Bastille! Such a great song!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a more avid runner about two years ago I had a week-long phase where I 100% for-real ran to "Countdown" by Beyonce on repeat. You'll come out of your run feeling like Sasha Fierce (hopefully). Avicii's version of "Hang With Me" by Robyn is killer too. Currently though, I'm all about "Youth" by Foxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I just heard Brave for the first time this week. Such a motivational song, love it. Be sure to check out my blog post today. I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Cheers!

    XO,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently "training before the training for the half marathon begins". My half is in April - but I'm trying to get a little head start. Let's just say I'm already tired. These songs are such good motivators, I'm going to use them!

    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work out playlist! Timber is one of my favorite songs right now!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list! I've been training for a half marathon, too - Lea Michelle's new song Cannonball has been pretty good at motivating me!
    xo
    Tara
    http://shoesillneverhave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Druken Hearts by Wallpaper is really upbeat and always pushes me to work out for longer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Kesha song always makes me want to dance! Lady Gaga has some of my fav workout songs especially Marry the Night.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tanked my second week, too, lol. Missed yoga and one run, blah. I've been using the weather weather as an excuse. Oh wells, I'll make up for it in week 3 and so will you! Good luck with your paper, I'm sure it will be great :)

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)