Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Chic on the cheap!


I wanted to add a bit more style to my bedroom, but after the holidays I didn't exactly have a lot of extra cash lying around. But if you are resourceful enough, you can still have style without spending a fortune.


I spray painted this Ikea laptop table gold and added some prints (from the Preppy Printshop of course). I layered them in some inexpensive Ikea Ribba frames to add dimension and I found this adorable little clear lamp from Home Goods. Finally, I filled the negative space under the nightstand with my clutches, which are sorted and displayed in a clear acrylic letter holder! 

I think my new night stand looks adorable with my Lilly planner and ABD mug.


I had been eyeing this Pottery Barn Teen Pop Dot white and navy duvet for a while, so when it went on sale after the holidays, I pounced (btw still on sale). Obviously I had to get the shams monogramed. PS - those curtains are actually Target shower curtains! Ignore the wrinkles, I was overly eager to get it out of the packaging and on to my bed.


I like to read and sip coffee or tea in bed, so a cute lucite tray was a must. I ordered this Libbie & Winston monogramed tray a while back and I think it goes perfectly with my new duvet.


And last but not least, my custom pillows finally arrived and I love them (and they are now available in the Preppy Printshop)! A special shout out to Hunter who inspired my pillow business venture.

Ikea desktop and trestle legs, also spray painted gold.

I had planned on placing all three pillows on the bed, but how cute is this "girl you better work" pillow on my office chair!

I feel like the room finally lives up to my amazing Ikea dream closet I built last year. The only problem is now I never want to get out of bed!

What do you think?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
13 Comments
Share :

13 comments:

  1. Your room is perfect! Great call on the PB Teen duvet. I have had their suite stripe duvet for three years; it is in great shape, and I am still in love with the timeless look. Also, especially loving your "hit snooze twice pillow" :)

    Thanks for posting your room! This is definitely inspiring some design ideas...
    Nicole, keepcalmandcocoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorating is amazing! Come design mine for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ikea furniture! And the monogrammed tray is so cute!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Everything! The blue and pink are absolutely perfect together and the nightstand looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your decorating! And thank you so much for the shout out :)

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Especially the gold spray paint legs, brilliant! I have to ask though, does that laptop table only have one set of legs, or is it just at an angle we can't see them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanni, yes it only has one set of legs. It is a c-shaped laptop side table so I could scoot it over and type in bed! If you click on the Ikea link you can see the entire table and its specs.

      Delete
  7. I love all of the prints. Also, I love the pillows.

    kira
    {apairofchicpearls.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new bedroom set is so pretty! I wish I could get away with a white comforter unfortunately Misa would totally get her dirty paws all over it. Also your prints totally add such a fun element to that table.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You did a fantastic job! It looks great!

    XO,
    Leanne
    http://fresh-season.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! This all looks so great! Love the white duvet cover, such a classic.

    bmorepreppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love all this stuff :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE everything! Your room came out beautiful! I love the bedding and I especially love what you've done with the IKEA table. You have a great eye for design, obviously!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)