Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

So you think you can blog?


Three months ago today I started this blog as a creative outlet to deal with the stress and pressure of grad school. And I am so happy I did! It really has been a lot of fun (although at times a little more distracting and time consuming than it should be).

Through the process I have learned how hard it is to blog and how rewarding it can be. I am surprised at the number of friends and family who read it without me knowing and then casually mention something I said on the blog in conversation. I am also surprised at how many blogger friends I have made over the past three months.

I have also discovered just how many blogs are out there (seriously, oh my goodness!). It kind of makes you feel insignificant. But this three-month point marks an important milestone. Did you know, "that most blogs are abandoned soon after creation (with 60% to 80% abandoned within one month, depending on whose figures you choose to believe) and that few are regularly updated?" And that "1.09 million blogs were one-day wonders?" Crazy stats, right (more here)? Makes me feel pretty proud of my three months! Although, I still have some time until I reach the average life span of a blog - 126 days.

The historian in me see blogging as a fascinating social-cultural phenomenon that will make for really interesting historical data one day!

Thanks for following along with me!
QuickEdit
Ashley B
4 Comments
Share :

4 comments:

  1. You're way better at keeping up with your blog than I am, I'm reaching the one year point with lots of ups and downs in posting. But, its still nice to know I'm beating the odds. Congrats on this milestone!

    Katie
    http://casually-obsessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a current history major, I love your blog! The branding is super cute, the posts are great, and it has history in the name, how could I not love it? Especially the Devil Wears Prada style take on history. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the milestone Ash! I'm am so glad you continue to blog despite your busy schedule, I look forward to reading your posts everyday!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm a new reader to your blogging, and enjoy your historical perspective. I find the stats mind boggling though - I can't believe someone would blog for a day, and just quit!

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)