Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Holiday Gift Wrapping: Part One



I have a confession: I have a wrapping paper obsession! Seriously, I love gift wrapping. I think it is because of my graphic design background. I see gift wrapping like product design. So I decided to do a three-part series on creative, fun, and easy gift wrap looks.

The first one I am calling "rustic chic."



To create this look, I used dollar store craft paper (grocery store paper bags would work too) and garland with a burlap chevron ribbon and spool of twine that I picked up at Hobby Lobby for 50% off (total cost, 10 bucks!)!

To add a personal touch, I simply wrote "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas {it's the best time of the year}" in a sharpie across the craft paper before wrapping the largest present. Of course, you could personalize it with any saying. And don't worry about your hand writing, I think the more casual and messy it is, the better it looks.

I love the rustic but stylish feel the burlap ribbon and twine added to each of the presents. But what I love most is how easy this unique look was to achieve! You will never go back to boring wrapping again!

Be sure to check back throughout December for free matching gift tags, stickers, and a printable bow templates!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
8 Comments
Share :

8 comments:

  1. I used the same chevron ribbon this year only in white! Great minds think alike :)

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you wrapped those presents!

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!

    www.thesequinedswans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you wrapped these presents! Then use of greenery is perfection!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog! Super cute. I love the idea of using craft paper for wrapping so unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used sharpie to decorate the paper, such a creative idea! Also I totally agree, I love wrapping presents I feel like its such a calming process and a perfect time to de-stress during the holidays!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome and so lovely! I will be honest though, I would be sad to open the gift and ruin the paper! Are you sure you should be getting a PhD in history? I think maybe you should be an artist (we would probably make more as artists, anyway, lol)!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)