Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Travel/Study Abroad Pre-Departure Timeline


I can't believe that this fall semester is winding down. In the study abroad world, that means it is time to seriously start gearing up for the summer and fall semesters. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I truly believe in study abroad and I think it is oh-so important for American undergrads! 

Typically programs recruit students in the fall, but because the process from signing up for a program and actually going is long, some students get a little overwhelmed with what they need to do and when. 

Usually you should decide on a summer program before February. The three months prior to departure are filled with meetings, paper work, and information over-load. While not complete, I created this little info-graphic timeline as a basic guide for what you should be thinking about and when. Of course, I will elaborate on each of these as my summer abroad program nears! 



As soon as the winter break is over, I will start scheduling excursions and daily itineraries (did I mention I love planning?)! 

My number one piece of advice for students who are planning to study abroad is start saving as soon as possible and budget, budget, budget! Students always seem to over-pack and under-budget!

QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. I always love all of your charts! You're so organized!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your study abroad advice! I totally wish I had been able to squeeze in studying abroad...if I hadn't transferred ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just applied for a passport today and started a savings plan for a trip I'm taking in April so these are great tips for myself as well!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,
    I started a blog because I'm traveling to Europe next semester and wanted to blog about people and styles that inspire me! This is so relevant and perfect. I'll be flying into Milan on December 12th from Philly, which is a huge airport so this will definitely help me plan things out even if it's geared towards studying abroad.

    Ciao,
    Morgan
    BetweenTheIvyLines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley,

    You make the CUTEST visuals! Ahhhh adorable. I wish so badly I'd studied abroad. Boo to me for backing out at the last minute! So happy you're encouraging people to do it. :)

    <3

    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Studying abroad was one of the highlights of undergrad for me!! I always tell college students to DO IT!!! Plus I think it helps set you apart in interviews! Love the post!

    http://blovedboston.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)