Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Packing: A Long Weekend in North Carolina


Thursday I am heading to North Carolina to see my mom. And I am so excited for cooler weather! I wish I was going for more than four days, so I could wear even more sweaters, scarves, boots, and puffer vests! We are doing all things Fall - holiday fairs, looking at leaves (I guess that's a thing), sipping cocoa, fires in the fireplace, etc. It's been hard not to over-pack, but here is what I am planning on wearing:

As I'm posting this picture, I realize I am basically a walking J.Crew advertisement (oops).

I am most excited to break out my Cocoon Coat, Navy Riding Boots, Herringbone Puffer Vest (sold out, but I also love this one and this one), Pocket Tunic (also sold out), and Ruffle Collar Sweatshirt!

The weather report is mixed, so I am trying to bring a little bit of variety, since I really don't know how cold I am going to be.



I feel like I am cheating, but this wardrobe break could not have come at a better time. I still have eight days left in my 30 X 30 Challenge and I have to admit, I am so tired of those 30 pieces of clothing! Hopefully this break will reinvigorate me and I can be even more creative with my final looks.

What are your favorite fall/winter activities?
QuickEdit
Ashley B
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. I love these outfits! I am so excited to be breaking out my cold weather gear too :)

    Hunter
    Prep on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great picks, you've been doing a great job with your 30 day challenge but I can understand that you are getting bored with certain pieces. Love that plaid scarf you chose!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. There is nothing wrong with being a walking J.Crew advertisement
    And
    2. That vest is so swoon worthy, I'm dying...why does it have to be sold out!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back at home, Victorian Strolls are rather popular (we have a few historic communities), and I've been going since I was a little kid - it's basically a winter street festival at night. They are usually freezing, but sometimes the weather holds out! I'm not sure what I'll do this year now that I've moved though - maybe stay at home and watch Christmas Vacation :)

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these outfits, especially the herringbone vest (I recently purchased one)! great sense of style :)

    Rachel @ makeshiftmunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the J. Crew ruffle sweatshirt and the puffer vest! I hope you have a wonderful trip to NC!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you feel like you are cheating you probably are...

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)