Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Taking the Plunge


Last weekend I drove to Orlando to visit the family for my little sis's seventeenth birthday party (technically my cousin). I created a cute print of my favorite saying "boys make passes at girls in glasses" for her birthday present (she also wears glasses and she is gorgeous)! Everybody loved the print and just before the other guests arrived, she joking propped the picture up with a note that read "14.99 + shipping."

Suddenly the conversation turned to "why don't you sell the things you create on Etsy?" My brother (also technically my cousin), who will probably run this country one day, immediately starting putting together a business plan. I was still entertaining the idea on my drive home, so I mentioned it on a whim in my loving lately post Saturday. I couldn't believe the response I got! So many emails encouraging me to go for it!

As I continued to waffle (worried about time commitments and if people would even want to buy what I create) I decided to just start jotting down my thoughts. In just a few hours I had sketched some thirty ideas, I guess I didn't realize how much I missed being creative!

So I decided to go for it and open History in High Heels' Preppy Printshop! There are plenty of shops who offer beautiful prints and illustrations. But I want to offer inexpensive instant digital downloads, which make creating gallery walls and decorating easier and more affordable! I also want to offer curated gallery wall sets. The hardest part about creating a gallery wall is finding prints that work together and the frames to fit them. So, I will also be offering many of my prints in the non-standard Ikea frame dimensions for easy and affordable framing!

I am still working on uploading everything and I am hoping my shop will go live tomorrow. But here is a sneak peek of what I have been creating (sorry about the watermarks, one can never been too careful):



So, what do you think?

QuickEdit
Ashley B
11 Comments
Share :

11 comments:

  1. These look great! Good luck with the opening - I'm sure it will go well!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! I will definitely be one of your first customers :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting, you will do great! I will definitely become one of your customers. I love the leopard one and the glasses one... now I can't wait for my no-shopping diet to end this Friday!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absoloutely love your creations! The first set makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, succccchhhhh a good idea! Congrats! So excited for you!

    <3

    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to see these! They are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that you're going to start a business. I'm a college sophomore and printed out a few of your printables and pasted them above the bed in my dorm room and they look great. I would love to buy some, but being as I'm in college, money is extremely tight. Will you still continue to offer the occasional free print? I know it may be a lot to ask, but I really do enjoy the prints and I hope that us ramen-eating college kids can still enjoy the occasional print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Emily, I will still post some occasional freebies! Also because the prints in my shop are digital downloads, single prints will only cost 3-4 bucks! I am so glad you enjoyed my printables. Let me know if there are any specific print ideas you would like to see in the future :)

      Delete
  8. I loooove your shop! Geek is the New Chic is my favorite (I'm a sucker for florals) - any site or locations you suggest for printing?

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! And yes, I am going to list online printers (with links) in the email you receive after purchasing. I like Picaboo and Shutterfly. But if you have Walgreens where you live, you can upload online and pick up in store that same day!

      Delete
  9. Ashley that is GREAT! I actually really loved your prints since the beginning and was wondering when this was going to happen!! I am excited to purchase some of them !!! woot woot!

    -Monica

    ReplyDelete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)