Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

How I do it: My Person



I was incredibly fortunate to have met "my person" at the beginning of graduate school. Not only was she someone who could relate to the craziness of the first year of graduate school, but over the course of four years she became my best friend, confidant, workout buddy, motivator, paper editor, conscious, cheerleader, and crazy bad dancer partner. In short, she became my person! I honestly don't think I would have made it through the last four years without her!

But now she is leaving me! Because she is such an amazing scholar, she has received a Fulbright award to research in Barbados for ten months... ten months! Last night was her going away party and it was bittersweet. I am so proud of her and excited for her, but selfishly, I am so sad.

On the bright side, I am going to Barbados for two weeks this December to visit her! I am just going to throw myself into planning this trip in the hope the weeks fly by.

Have you found your person?

PS - let the Pinterest outfit and travel planning begin!
QuickEdit
Ashley B
4 Comments
Share :

4 comments:

  1. So sad that your friend is leaving for 10 months (but it will fly by!) How cool that you'll get to visit, I bet its beautiful there! I have 4 persons, all that I met in high school and we have been inseparable every since. I don't know what I would do without them.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad to have your best friend leave for so long but it's absoloutely amazing that you get to go visit! It will be such an awesome wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My person was my foster advisor. She has helped me in so many ways, hiring me for research, showing me how to write a grant application, giving me great feedback on my dissertation, she listened to me cry in her office and showed me how to master DIY wine coolers.

    We are at different stages in our lives (she just got tenure and has a family!), but I always go to her for advice and she's always super supportive (she made sure to come to my panel at a recent conference!). Anyway, she's awesome. Couldn't say enough good things about her. It's so important (especially when you're a woman, I think) to have someone like this that you can rely on :)

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people underestimate the importance of your/an advisor! My advisor is older, but she is also great and has opened so many doors for me. I don't where I would be without her either!

      Delete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)