Theme Layout

[Rightsidebar]

Boxed or Wide or Framed

[Boxed]

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Center]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style2]

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Be Smart


Every day when I left for school my dad would say two simple words to me: be smart. I can't remember a time he didn't say it and he even ocassionally says it to me now. As a child, I never thought much of it. As an adult, I realize how powerful those words were.

In a society where women are typically praised for their looks or domesticity, my father, with his simple saying, encouraged me to be intelligent and take school seriously. Turns out it worked. And every time I think about this phrase it brings a smile to my face.

So I created this cute little printable (and wallpapers) to remind us all that while there is nothing wrong with being feminine and beautiful ladies, we also need to be smart!


iPhone Wallpaper:



iPad Background:


8 X 10 Printable:





QuickEdit
Ashley B
6 Comments
Share :

6 comments:

  1. I love love love these (already re-pinned them on Pinterest) I am making this my iPhone background. You are really good with technology with all your photoshopping and creating logo's...so awesome, I wish I was as good as you!
    -Alex
    http://monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just glad I can put my graphics training to use! It is definitely a handy skill-set to have, but there are plenty of internet tutorials on how to use photoshop and other programs. Maybe I should do a post on my favorite tutorials and graphics tricks! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. I love this saying so much! Even though it is short and sweet, it really makes a great point :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, who knew my dad was so insightful!

      Delete
  3. I just stumbled upon your blog and so happy that I did. It is so relatable to my life right now. I am about to graduate Undergrad and my passion is reasearch so I am still trying to figure out what to do. You just opened up a whole new world for me to look into........Which means more options may or may not help.

    BUT I LOVE YOUR BLOG and especially how you make nerdy look cool.
    My blog is americassass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Melissa and thank you! I am so happy you found my blog and hopefully I can connivence you to pursue your passion for research! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about grad school.

      Delete

[name=Ashley] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bTA6uO0YNf0/WEooiL2h2DI/AAAAAAAA-4A/4lNwqyMNFRAW7yUynRd5IRlAJVdXzWkrgCLcB/s1600/Blog_Pic_2.jpg] [description=Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/historyinhighheels/) (instagram=Ihttps://www.instagram.com/historyinhighheels/) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/HistoryinHH/)