10 Things: L.A.



I have been back from L.A. for a few days now. While I miss the hell out of Soulcycle, it is nice to get back into old routines (like Dunkin Donuts coffee lol). I really enjoyed my time out in L.A., although I really didn't know what to expect when I first arrived. I am glad I had over a month to explore, because I had no idea how massive L.A. is and how spread out everything of interest would be. Had I just been visiting for vacation, I probably would have been really unprepared for this and missed out on seeing quite a bit. So, I thought I should share my 10 favorite experiences in L.A. to help others who plan on visiting and might be overwhelmed by L.A.'s vastness too.

Ten Things You Must do in LA:

1) Visit the Beverly Hills Hotel and Rodeo Drive
The Beverly Hills Hotel and Pool are a pink and green dream! The entire place is retro in all the right ways. If you can't afford to stay there, you can always go for breakfast and some pool-side lounging. Afterwards, make sure you visit Rodeo Drive for a little retail therapy.

2) Escape to the beach in Santa Monica
Santa Monica may not be the best beach in the L.A. area, but it easily accessible via the metro. It is also a great little town with good food, nightlife, and a boardwalk.

3) Dine and shop in Silverlake
Silverlake is the "hippster" area of town. This up and coming are is full of stylish coffee shops (like Alfred) and hip eateries. Don't miss the adorable Micheltorena stairs.

4) Bruch at Bottega Louie and get rooftop cocktails at The Ace Hotel
Two of my favorite places in downtown L.A.! See more of Bottega Louie here and the Ace Hotel here.

5) Hike to the Hollywood Sign
There are lots of hikes in the Hollywood Hills, but the hike to the famous Hollywood sign is not to be missed! You can find all the details of my hike here.

6) Visit The Huntington
This hidden gem in Pasadena/San Marino houses a European art collection, massive historical library, and more than a dozen themed botanical gardens to explore.

7) Take a photo on the pink wall and explore Melrose
Melrose is full of insta-worthy photo ops -- the famous pink wall at Paul Smith, Alfred Tea, Alfred Coffee, and the Made in LA mural, just to name a few. This area also has great shopping!

8) Shop 'til you drop at The Grove
Speaking of shopping, the famed Grove is another important shopping stop. Plus there is a yummy farmer's market to refuel at.

9) Take a studio tour
Embrace the magic of Hollywood on a studio tour. All of the studios offer one and you will usually get to see something filming or bump into someone famous (I visited the Universal lot).

10) Find your inner art critic at LACMA and the Broad
Whether or not you like modern art or not, you will enjoy these two contemporary art museums. If nothing else, you have to visit the light pole installation.


What would you advise someone they simply had to do while visiting L.A.?


Labels: , , , , ,